For Individuals & Families – Money Management
The complexities of managing our daily financial lives has increased over the years. Although computers are supposed to make it easier to deal with these changes, many feel more overwhelmed then ever. At Checks & Balances for You, we understand and know how to maneuver through these complexities and help our clients regain a sense of security that their financial life is under control.
There are many reasons why someone might need a daily money manager. As we age or face illness, the challenges may become more than we can handle. Some of us struggle to do these types of tasks in the first place. The real bottom line is determining our priorities and choosing what we want to spend our time doing. If you, or a loved one, can’t, don’t want to, or shouldn’t be managing your day-to-day financial affairs, we are here to help.
Our expertise in accounting principles and software, online banking, and financial document organization allows us to successfully coordinate the myriad details of our clients’ monetary situations and relieve them of that burden.
Daily money management services may include:
- Opening and sorting mail
- Paying bills
- Balancing and reconciling checkbook, credit cards, and other accounts
- Making bank deposits
- Reviewing insurance and medical statements for accuracy
- Monitoring accounts for unusual activity
- Intervening and addressing problems with billing and medical claims
- Organizing documents: paper files and electronic files
- Assembling documents for tax preparation
- Budget preparation and management
- Reporting on income & expenses, net worth, and spending trends
- Setup and training in use of Quicken, if desired
- Offering suggestions and referrals, as needed
We also provide, as a free service to our clients, Notary services and we can tailor special projects to address a variety of individual needs.